So… it’s been almost a year since the last post.
I’ve been sort of busy…
- clinging to my current, full-time job
- getting a second, part-time job
- putting a house on the market
- packing and staging the house
- selling the house
- buying a house
- breaking my leg in 2 places
- surviving a merger
- working on the new house
- granting Michele the lifestyle she has become accustomed to
- granting Baxter a better lifestyle than Michele or I could ever become accustomed to
- doing 3 months worth of physical therapy
- attending night courses for a job-related certification
- passing the certification
- rescuing dumpster bikes
- investing in a downhill bike
I haven’t ridden in Wissahickon for a few years, but my friends Chad and Rob have been hyping these trails for a couple of weeks.
The sections that we rode were chock full of jumps, drops, long log rides and berms. A playground for peddlers, the “BMX bowl,” has a drop into, and launches out of it, and a bunch of doubles, log jumps and giant tabletop.
I now have some new New Year’s resolutions…
- Do the drop into the bowl
- Jump the big gap that Rob did
- Get in better shape and keep up with PMBA guys who built the trails